Monday, 2 December 2013

I’m on top of the world!

My birthday is very close. So close that it can be a little overwhelming. I have spent the last year trying to figure out who I am. I am slowly learning that I am someone who wants to be want to be a better person than I was yesterday.  It has made me think about what it is that I want out of life. I want the most out of life that I can possibly get. I want to really live life to the fullest. After doing the tree top challenge last week, I wanted to do something even bigger to celebrate another year of being alive.



   I climbed a mountain. 3 Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live  



  There was no backing out.  


 So, I gathered the family & headed off to climb a mountain! We are lucky enough to live where the beach is just a short drive to the east and the mountains are a short drive to the north west. We climbed Mt Ngungun which is part of the Glass House Mountains. It is a very steep up hill walk/climb to the top but the 360 degree view on the top makes it totally worth it!




       I climbed a mountain. Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live




I was so excited that we did it!




I climbed a mountain.5 Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live



Once we were on top, it felt amazing!




I climbed a mountain. 9Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live



I couldn't believe that not only had I done it but that both my kids & hubby did it too! Not only was this a gift to myself but it was also a gift from me to them. They thought I was completely off my rocker when I told them we would be climbing a mountain for fun. They did not want to do it to start with. It was totally out if their comfort zone. But I knew they would be fine. I knew they could do it. And they all did it!



I climbed a mountain.4 Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live




I climbed a mountain.6 Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live




The teenager is scared of heights so there was not as much celebrating up the top from her. But she overcome the fear and even joined us on the summit. Even if she wouldn't stand up!
The descent down from the top was so good after the challenge of getting up.  




   I climbed a mountain. 7Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live    




It gave us time to talk about what we had just accomplished. Hubby and Georgia raced each other down to the bottom while the teenager and I used this time to talk about anything & everything. It was the best part for me. I love when we talk about the big things in life.






  I climbed a mountain. 2 Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live



So now I can say that I climbed a mountain! Now I want to think about what our next adventure is going to be.



I climbed a mountain.8 Sew. Cook. Laugh. Live


Do you set yourself goals?

What is something that you have always wanted to do?

















2 comments:

  1. Sweet! What a great personal accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is pretty small but I need to starting taking swimming lessons again - every time I try swimming I just can't coordinate breathing with my strokes haha. I've never been a great swimmer but it would be nice to get back into it for fun.

    ReplyDelete

I read each and everyone of your comments. I may not get to respond to them all but just know that I appreciate them and I DO read them all. xx