Sunday, 27 April 2014

My foxy zippy top. {sewing}

{sewing}
Foxy zippy top 7



If you have been following along on Instagram or Facebook, you will have noticed that I have been doing a lot of sewing over the past week. All because of this one top. The zippy top by see Kate sew. I fell in love with it on Pinterest & I knew when I saw this fox fabric that they would go together like strawberries & cream.



Foxy zippy top 1



I am completely in love with the exposed zipper on the back! Such a nice change to a hidden zipper. I love that it becomes a feature.

It is a very easy top to make and even if you have never sewn a zipper before, you will want to give this one a try.



Foxy zippy top 2Foxy zippy top 5



I have decided that instead of always taking photo’s of the clothes that I have made on coat hangers, that it is time for me to step out from behind the camera. Even though I felt like an complete idiot modelling in a park on a busy long weekend! It is also a great way for the rest of the family to learn how to take photo’s with the DSLR. These ones were all taken by my 15 year old! I have also been playing around and learning more about Photoshop Elements so you can expect to see all of my photo's with some cool action that I have learnt how to use! This action is called vanilla pop and I love the more mellow, subdued effect. Kind of like an Instagram filter and we all know things look better with a filter! Well, some things.



Foxy zippy top 6Foxy zippy top 4



If you are looking for an awesome top to make, this is it! Not a stitch of knit fabrics in sight so you can use up all those cotton fabrics from your stash! I know most of you know the stash that I am talking about!


As I make myself a new clothes, I will be sharing the patterns here on the blog. I am falling head over heels in love with PDF patterns & the ease of finding what you want & being able to print it off in just a few minutes. If you have any PDF patterns that you think I need to try, please let me know.




7 comments:

  1. It looks great on and good on you for getting in front of the camera!! I LOVE that fabric so much!
    I recently made my girls a maxi skirt each using a PDF pattern called the Amy Skirt. I made the neighbour's girl one too and she's stoked because her name is Amy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leonie! I will definitely have a look at that pattern. I want to convince my teenagers that handmade doesn't have to be boring. They used to love it when I made their clothes but not so much since they started high school. They both sew so I might even convince them to make their own!
      Jos xx

      Delete
  2. CUTE!! 'Love the fabric and exposed zipper! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marci! It would have to be my newest fave top!

      Jos xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you are modeling your goods! I love this top! It's so cute on you and the fabric is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Nakisha!

      Jos xx

      Delete
  4. You look wonderful. I saw the same/ similar fabric in lincraft yesterday and loved it, wondering what it could be made into. I love, love love what you have made xx

    ReplyDelete

I read each and everyone of your comments. I may not get to respond to them all but just know that I appreciate them and I DO read them all. xx